Workshop General Information
Overview and outcome
This is a short course which will give you the tools to create your own website from scratch using the WordPress platform, as well as implementing useful functionality such as contact forms and image galleries.
- Self employed / business owners
- Graphic designers looking to upskill
- You’re comfortable with social media and using websites.
- Coding knowledge is not required for this workshop at all, you will not need to write a single line of code.
5 to 6 Hours
R976.35 incl. VAT
- A printed user manual containing course content for later reference.
- Tea / coffee and lunch
Max 10 seats
What you will need
- A registered domain with an attached hosting package – You can register here with Hetzner directly or through Web Ink (we host with Hetzner and will handle the registration and admin at the same price that Hetzner charges)
- Your own laptop
- What is WordPress?
- WordPress alternatives comparison
- Examples of WordPress used in different industries
- Set up
- Hosting and domain registration
- Installing WordPress on your new domain
- Basic settings configuration
- Quick tour of the CMS (Content Management System)
- Posts vs pages
- Creating a menu
- Look & feel
- Adding functionality
- Image gallery
- Contact form
- Industry tools discussion
- Premium themes and plugins
- DIVI walkthrough
- Wrap up and Q&A